Romantic Weekend Getaway Ideas
Disclosure ~ This post about Romantic Weekend Getaway Ideas contains affiliate links that when clicked at no additional cost to you, That Traveling Chick will earn commission.
If you are like most couples, you are a two-income family. Finding time to spend together is difficult at best. You are also probably due for a vacation and that you are yearning for some alone time with your partner.
Unfortunately with today’s economy the way it is, many couples are faced with the fact that they cannot afford an extensive vacation or an extended vacation where they have to pay a babysitter for some of that time.
Without a lot of time or money, an extended romantic getaway is probably out of the question. A romantic weekend getaways is exactly what you need! These getaways are great because they can be customized to your taste as well as your budget needs.
Related: The Right Way to Pack a Carry On
The great thing about weekend getaways is that you can get away during any season, snow or shine, and you will find plenty to do while you are away. Or you can do nothing at all, if that is your pleasure.
Busy couples can find time to connect without taking an elaborate trip, or spending a fortune. Using sites like Groupon can help with ideas and saving money.
Check out these ideas for romantic weekend getaway ideas for two.
If you love the snow, but just not driving in it to get to work, then a winter wonderland vacation is for you. You can choose from a variety of lodging options on Tripadvisor such as:
- A bed and breakfast
- A country inn
- A log cabin
- A lodge
There are many activities that you can partake in on a winter wonderland, as well.
- You can go horseback riding in the snow
- Have a sleigh ride through a winter wonderland, just you and your honey
- Take in the view in front of a crackling fireplace
- Do hot yoga together and get a hot stone massage
- Enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner for two overlooking some great mountain somewhere
Related: Save on Travel
Fall Romantic Weekend Getaway Ideas
What better way to end the summer than to take a weekend getaway; especially if you did not get the opportunity to go away with your love over the summer. You can enjoy the fall season in all its abundance in so many ways.
- Take a trip through the countryside and watch the leaves fall and be in awe of their changing colors
- Visit a farm for apple and pumpkin picking
- Go antiquing
- Have a picnic under the stars
Warmer Weather Romantic Weekend Getaway Ideas
If you are looking for a few creative ideas for the spring or summer months, why not try these on for size.
- Camp right on the beach
- Rent out a small beach hut for the weekend
- Go to a winery and do a wine tasting
- Check out some local fresh fruit and produce and crafts at a local market fair
- Take in a movie under the stars
As you can see, there is an endless stream of romantic ideas for each and every season. It is just a matter of choosing a season, and, of course, the reason is love.